Sunday 7 December 2014

ROCLIFFE'S GIFT LIST FOR WRITERS & FILMMAKERS (for all budgets)


This time of year invariably the discussions I seem to be having always lead to presents and what to get people. 

In my family, we adults do Kris Kindle. We buy a gift of £50 for one person and small stocking fillers of £10 or less for everyone else. This means everyone gets one good gift and four small gifts. I am notoriously bad to buy for - I can feel my family rolling their eyes in agreement. Whilst I know this defeats the purpose of receiving, I like to get things I need rather than things I will never use... So family if you are reading this, check out the mid-range list please! 

As a writer and producer I have a few writing and producing buddies of my own to buy for, so I asked for a bit of help compiling this list. Thank you to all of Rocliffe's twitter followers who helped with suggestions. There were a few who'd clearly helped themselves to Christmas spirits before posting their ideas so I've left them on twitter. Others we're asking Santa for help with, as soon as he finds de-procrastination pills - we'll let you know. 

So here it is my list of best gifts for writers and filmmakers to suit every budget. For the aspiring to the established writerm there's bound to be something befitting. Happy shopping, it's a great way to procrastinate. 


STOCKING FILLERS

1. Character Maps & Mugs – from £4.50

2. Story Cubes 

3. Writing Journals, Iphone & Laptop Cases - £7.50 - £16.50

4. Rocliffe Notes: A Professional Approach For Screenwriters & Writer-Directors from [Kindle 7.95 | Paperback £11.13 - £16.58] Number 3 on Amazon Best Seller list.

5. Complete Screenwriting Course: Teach Yourself (Teach Yourself: Writing) by Charles Harris  [Kindle 7.99 | £8.13] 


MID-RANGE PRESENTS

6. Laptop Stand £14.95

7. Phone & tablet charger £29.95 


8. Foot warmer mat £23.95 

9. Laser Projection Virtual Keyboard £39.95 


THE LUXURY END & EXTREMELY GENEROUS GIFT

10. Contribute towards a course, conference or script report:

11. Subscriptions 
12. Screenwriting Software or updates [£30-£155] Full list with reviews in link - here's the ones I've tried but the list is by no means exhausted.
“The only gift I have to give, is the ability to receive. If giving is a gift, and it surely is, then my gift to you is to allow you to give to me.” Jarod KintzThe Titanic would never have sunk if it were made out of a sink.
Enjoy the season, use the time well to kick start those creative habits. 

Keep writing!